Monday, February 25, 2008

Breaks in College

I feel like the vacations in college could be a little better spread out then they currently are. In my opinion, the first stretch of school is too long. As a freshman, getting adjusted is not easy, and I remember counting down the days until Fall break rolled around (sometime in October). From the start of the school in late August to the first break in mid-October, we have about eight weeks of school. That seemed like an eternity at the time. Now, we've been back at school for a while and I feel like I just came back from Christmas break. My point is that we should have about five weeks from the start of school to the first break that kids can get situated but not feel like their trapped. I would be more than happy to spend a longer stretch at school now simply because I almost feel like, at this stage in the game, IC is home.

No comments: