Sunday, February 17, 2008

NBA All Star Weekend

Now this is a good event. In complete contrast to the NFL's poor excuse to an All Star game, the NBA really stands out. Throughout sports, the NFL is known for being the class act of all of the major leagues (MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL). In fact the NBA is supposed to be the poorest excuse for a professional league. Yet for some reason, it seems like this league does the best job of compiling its stars to make for an entire weekend of entertainment. Personally, I am not a big fan of the NBA but this is one event that I will take the time to watch. Although I think the NFL is a much better maintained league, I wish instead of a Pro Bowl game they had something more similar to the NBA All Star Weekend. No risk of injury, maybe no game at all. Instead, I would rather watch a competition with the best athletes in the game competing in skills challenges.

No comments: