Sunday, February 17, 2008

Class on Presidents Day?

Obviously as a student I am going to be opposed to having class on this day but I think there is more to it than that. Tomorrow (February 18) celebrates the birthday of George Washington. For those who don't know, such as the people who decide to give students at Ithaca college class, Washington was the first president this country had. He set the precident for presidents to come. In my opinion we should honor this. Many might arguing that keeping kids out of school is no way to honor a president. But we do get off for Labor Day, and Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I feel like our first preident should get the respect that these days get. Honestly, I have no idea what Labor Day celebrates and I'm sure there are a bunch of people out there who also have no idea what it's all about. If we get class off for Labor Day we should definitely get off for Presidents day.

No comments: